What is an Herbal CSA?
CSA stands for both "community supported agriculture" - specifically in this case, it should be a CSH - "community supported herbalism." The idea is that if a quorum of people come together to agree to support a farm in growing herbs (or vegetables), then the farm can proceed to do something that might not be financially possible otherwise.
That's the idea behind our tea of the month club - our community members pay $10/month to signify their support, and in return we have the resources we need to create some magic.
As our staff are regularly herbal tea drinkers, we decided that we would offer a caffeine-free herbal option for our tea club; very few tea clubs offer that, and we are (as far as we know) the only organic herbal CSA tea club out there.
3 Reasons to Love the Plum Deluxe Herbal CSA
While there are a variety of community supported herbalism projects out there, we want to share with you some reasons why we think our club is one of the best.
1. The Joy of A Surprise in the Mail
Life is fun when you always have something to look forward to. As our member Pat G. says, "Not only is the tea outstandingly delicious, it’s just so much fun when I go to the mailbox. It’s one of the nicest things that I think I’ve ever had – I look forward to each month." And with 1 ounce of herbal tea (15-20 cups), there's plenty to share with a friend.
2. Fresh, Organic Healing Herbs that Don't Taste like Medicine
We aren't shy to brag - while we love the wonderful healing benefits of herbal teas, sometimes their flavor leaves something to be desired. We wanted to drink healing beverages that taste good - so that's why we pair our herbal CSA creations with pure essential oils, fresh fruits and spice, and thoughtfully-made natural flavorings to create herbal tea blends that taste wonderful and are good for you.
We buy herbs and spices grown in the USA whenever possible!
3. Be part of a community that supports your goals, hopes, & dreams.
As community member Mandy B. says, "It feels SO GOOD to be part of a community that is so understanding and accepting. This is not what I was expecting when I signed up…I just really liked the tea!”
But don't take her word for it - Nichole M says "“Plum Deluxe is isn’t just a bag of tea in the mail every month. They have created a community surrounding their products. A community that does secret gift exchanges, has honest and thoughtful conversations, shares their latest teaware purchases and a great love, understanding and passion for tea and making moments that matter. The positivity surrounding this company is something I’ve always admired and I’m glad I’m a part of it. ”
While we are in the community supported herbalism business, we like to think of ourselves as community makers. Our team meetings are focused on how we can support our members, how we can surprise and delight our members, and how we can create tools and products to support them on their health, wellness, mindfulness journeys.
Tips for Customizing Your Herbal CSA Tea Club
We have some suggestions for customizing your Plum Deluxe tea club shipment to make it work the best for you:
- Consider doing the 2/teas a month plan if you want to enjoy regular teas (black, green, white, etc.) in addition to the herbal teas. When you signup, you can let us know to send you 1 caffeine-free tea (the herbal csa portion) and one caffeine. Or, ask us to send you another surprise herbal tea - it's your treat. Your second tea is only $6/month (and no extra shipping charge)
- Stock up on extra herbs using your free shipping benefit. We have a variety of our organic herbs available by the ounce (see list here), and you can order them as extras and not pay shipping.
- Leave reviews to influence future blends. We use member feedback on future blends, so be sure to let us know what you liked/loved, so help influence what comes in future packets.
Note: Once or twice a year, herbal CSA subscribers might receive a decaf black tea (with lots of herbs, of course). Please let us know if you would like to NOT receive the decaf black.
Plum Deluxe does not make any medical claims regarding our products. Our herbal CSA offering should not be interpreted as a substitute for diagnosis and treatment by a health care professional.