But you don't have to limit yourself to just mugs of choco-decadence. Here are some additional creative uses for hot chocolate mix.
Hot Chocolate Infused Beverages
- Add a half teaspoon of hot chocolate mix into your coffee and create a creamy mocha.
- Drop a small spoonful of of mix into your smoothie for an extra taste boost; it's great in vanilla, strawberry, or peanut butter smoothies.
- Add a small teaspoon into your chai; we'd say it's the perfect dance partner for our stargazer chai.
Hot Cocoa in the Kitchen
- Add 1-2 tablespoons of hot chocolate mix into your cinnamon roll filling for chocolate cinnamon rolls. (We have a nice cinnamon roll recipe here.)
- Add 1 teaspoon of cocoa mix into your cinnamon/sugar mix for rolling your snickerdoodles in. It gets a little messy rolling them, and perhaps eating them, but the outcome is wonderful - the touch of bitterness in the cocoa is a lovely balance for the sweetness of the cookie. Alternative, swap 1/4 to 1/2 cup cocoa for flour in any standard sugar cookie recipe.
- Hot cocoa goes with practically every brunch item possible. Add 2 heaping teaspoons to your pancake batter, 2 teaspoons to your french toast batter, or waffle mix. Add to muffins. Sprinkle on top of your oatmeal to elevate your breakfast to heavenly. Add a dash onto your buttered toast. Or, whip cocoa mix into your maple syrup for a sweet cocoa topping.
- Whip a tablespoon of cocoa into the butter before putting on top of your popcorn; talk about a wild tasty surprise for moving night. (Don't forget the napkins, though.)
- Add some cocoa to your monkey bread (especially that chai bread) and you'll have everyone begging for that recipe.
- Add a dash of hot cocoa on top of ice cream - especially vanilla bean or cinnamon flavors; even better, drop several spoonful into your batch of homemade ice cream.
- Roll your banana into hot cocoa mix for a healthy, fun treat. Or, keep on rolling if you're having something more decadent, like brigadeiros.
Hot Chocolate for Adults
- Everybody loves a chocolate martini; use a vanilla or creamy vodka base and stir in a splash of cocoa mix
- You don't have to put hot cocoa in the glass; the mix is perfect to dust the rim of your cocktail glasses.
- Did you know that red wine and hot chocolate do mix? Give it a try!
Mix in with lotion for a invigorating face mask - similar to this matcha mask recipe.