Want to help get the word out about Plum Deluxe tea?
Then you’re going to love being a Plum Deluxe Tea Ambassador, our invitation-only program where you get great perks while sharing your love for tea and creating moments that matter.
You may participate in our ambassadorial program in 2 ways:
- Online: Use a special link (e.g. “affiliate link”) to promote our tea club on your website, blog, Facebook page, video channel, or podcast.
- In Person: Host your own tea party using teas provided by Plum Deluxe.
You can do one or both – read on to dig into the details.
HOW IT WORKS
If you’ve got an online presence with a following of tea lovers, then you will want to be sure to get your special link (also known as an affiliate link) to promote our offerings. Here’s how it works:
- Do what you do normally – create amazing content that your followers love, no matter whether your stories are pictures, text, or audio/video.
- Add in your special link to Plum Deluxe . We have custom graphics you can use (e.g. banner ads), or you can create your own, if needed.
- Tell people that you are an ambassador of Plum Deluxe and you get perks when they buy – because it’s the law and because it’s the right thing to do.
Perks: For each subscription purchase from your special affiliate link, you’ll get $8. You’ll also get 10% of sales in our online shop. You’ll get paid in the month following your referrals, via Paypal. If you are a paying tea club member, you may choose to receive 1 free month on your tea subscription per referral in lieu of monetary payment. If you are not a paying tea club member, you may choose to receive your payment as a gift card to our online shop.
Don’t have a blog but still want to be involved in promoting Plum Deluxe? OR have a blog but appreciate the in person touch?
- Throw a party to celebrate. Nothing extravagant required – it’s the thought that counts, you know. All you need are your friends/family, a cozy venue, and some nice snacks. We’ll provide you the teas for your party at no charge and we’ll include some postcards to hand out to your attendees as well as some other appreciation gifts and information cards for you, the host.
- Share your favorite Plum Deluxe stories. Your party need not be a hard sell for tea – in fact, we’d rather it not be, as we’ve all been to those uncomfortable parties where you’re generally expected to buy something before you leave. That’s not our style. We want your help in creating thoughtful moments for people to experience Plum Deluxe tea. The tea generally sells itself after the fact! And our blog has plenty of inspiration on menus, themes, and decor.
- Tell people that you are an ambassador of Plum Deluxe and you get perks when they buy – because it’s the law and because it’s the right thing to do. You’ll want to tell them to put your name in the “how did you hear about us” field when they signup for the club if you don’t have a special link (see above); you could even have an iPad at your party and sign people up on the spot!
If you have a themed party or thoughtful recipes and take photos, we’d love for you to send them so we can share with the Plum Deluxe community. If you have high quality pictures, you can also pitch us for an recipe or tea party article on our blog, for which you would also be compensated (more info here).
Perks: For each subscription purchase that mentions you and your party in the “how did you hear about us,” or if they have used your special link, you’ll get $8. You’ll also get 10% of sales in our online shop. You’ll get paid in the month following your referrals, via Paypal. If you are a paying tea club member, you may choose to receive 1 free month on your tea subscription per referral in lieu of monetary payment. If you are not a paying tea club member, you may choose to receive your payment as a gift card to our online shop.
I’M IN – LET’S GET STARTED
All ambassadors need to first go here and signup with our tracking tool. This will set you up as an ambassador, and you’ll be able to get your special promo link.
Once you are signed up and your account approved, you’ll find links to everything you need on the ambassador dashboard, and we’ll send you a 3-part email series to help you get started.
Q: Is my blog or social media presence “big enough” to quality for this program?
A: We’re all about quality over quantity, and if you’re reading this – we’re interested. In other words, we’re mostly interested in working with people we like, who are excited about Plum Deluxe teas.
Q: I want to host a party but I’m worried about representing the Plum Deluxe brand. Any tips?
A: Beyond sharing our teas exclusively, we don’t have any set rules about what you should / shouldn’t do at your party, because we want you to be comfortable and have fun while throwing a tea party that you’d be proud of. We do ask that you let people know about your ambassadorship with Plum Deluxe, and that you do share some thoughts about Plum Deluxe and why you think it is special. And send us pics, please!
Q: Is this an ongoing commitment or a one-time thing?
A: Right now, we’re asking for those interested in promoting the online offering (“affiliate link”) to work with us for at least 3 months to give it a try. For those doing parties, you would only need to host a party once (but if you decide it’s fun and want to continue, we are happy to help organize).
Q: Can I choose each month whether to get the cash perk or free club months?
A: Yes, you may switch your perk anytime you want, but payments are only processed once a month. You must ensure your account is up-to-date on the first of the month.
Q: Can I charge for tickets to my Plum Deluxe party?
A: No, not if we are providing the teas for you. If you are worried about costs, you could throw a potluck! In our experience, most people are hungry for gathering and thoughtful conversation – and that isn’t expensive to make happen.
Q: Will my party be posted on the Plum Deluxe events calendar?
A: Since you’re possibly going to be hosting your party at home or somewhere private, we will not post about your party to protect your privacy. However, if you are open to inviting others from the community, we can post something for you to help you meet new folks in your local area. We will not be the intermediary, though, so you can decide who gets the official invitation with any specific details. Please exercise caution & common sense when inviting any stranger to your party, particularly if it is in your home!