I have been busy over the festive season bottoming out my travel plans for 2009 and I am very much looking forward to a year full of fun!
Plans for 2009 include:
- February: Some time visiting friends who are staying in Hong Kong. Any recommendations for me, food or sightseeing or daytrips?
- March: One of my friends in HK will be joining me for a tour of Cambodia. Very much looking forward to Ankor Wat. I wanted to combine this with a trip to Laos, but there is just not enough money/time during this trip. Maybe next time.
- April: Cornwall/Devon. I was originally planning a trip to Athens and Crete but with the continued violence it didn’t seem like a great idea. So I’ll be staying in the UK for this one.
- June: Hiking in Norway. We’ll be basing ourselves in Bergen and exploring the Fjord region, including places like Kjerag and Preikestolen. I hope that we are lucky with the weather.
- August: The Edinburgh Festival! I’ll be taking a week off again this year to enjoy one of the world’s best art festivals. Will be sure to post my reviews and tips here on the site.
- September: Ireland. I’ve only spent time in Dublin, so I’m looking forward to the opportunity to explore some of the more remote destinations that are only just an island away.
Of course, that’s not everything – I can’t give away all my secrets just yet. 🙂 And not everything is booked – I’m good but not THAT good. Editors needed good content, give me a call!
So, any suggestions to help me out in my upcoming travel adventures?
What’s on YOUR 2009 travel diary?
Calendar image courtesy of h.koppdelaney